Musician, Teacher, Organizer, Composer, author amalgamated, portray the multifaceted personality of Smt. G. N. Nagamani Srinath.
With her vibrant melodious voice, vocal prowess, discerning bias for shruti, a revealing manodharma blended with orthodoxy, astute subtle rendering, vividly cogent “tala” and didactic knowledge, she has carved out a nice niche for herself in the field of Carnatic music.
Born in Jodi Gubbi – a remote village, she had to brave many a tempest to nurture the artiste in her. She started her training at an early age of 5 years and at 9 years, her first concert had the audience spell bound. Ever since her advancement in the field has been unabated.
A disciple of “Musician of Musicians” Late Sri Ramanad Krishnan, Madras, she belongs to an exclusive and elite group of musicians who have held center stage in the field of Carnatic music for over three decades.
A rare gem among contemporary musicians, she is also an astute grammarian with a deep insight into the facets of this enthralling and enhancing medium. She has enriched the field by her own compositions and by providing ever-new nuances to the traditional and established compositions of famous composers of yester years.
- M. A. (Music), Mysore University, First Rank, Gold Medallist
- Vidwat (Music) – Government of Karnataka – First Rank, Gold Medallist
- Post Graduate Diploma in Music –Tamil Nadu Government – First Rank, Gold Medalist
Trained under Gurukula system by Sri Ramanad Krishnan, Madras.
Learnt the nuances of music under famous musicians such as Vidwan Sri Arakere Narayana Rao, Sri Ramaratnam, Sri T.M. Tyagarajan, Sri D.K. Jayaraman, Sri K.V. Narayanaswamy, Professor. T.N. Krishnan, Vidushi Brinda, Vidushi Muktha, Smt Gowri Kuppuswamy and Sri R. Venkateswaran.
Awards and Titles
Her musical articulation has a magnetic appeal, charm and emotional richness and strikes a chord with both the elite and the common man. Gold medals, titles, awards, and appreciation, citations and laurels have followed her throughout her refulgent career.
- Best Musician, Three times Music Academy, Madras
- Best Musician, Telugu Academy, Hyderabad
- Central Government Scholarship for Higher Learning in Music
- Ganasaraswathi, Vice President of India
- Ganakalasri, Ganakala Parishat
- Sangeetha Saraswathi, Udipi Pejawar Mutt
- Karnataka Kalasri, Karnataka Sangeetha Nritya Academy
- Rajyothsava Prashasthi, Karnataka State Award
- Radio Sangeetha Sammelanas and National Programs
- Spirit of Unity Concerts for National Integration of Delhi Doordarshan, 5 times.
- SAARC Cultural Festival
- South Central Zone, National Festival
- Dasara Festival of Mysore Palace
- Many prestigious Sabhas, Universities, Conferences, National Festivals all over India
In the Spring of 2000, Mysore Nagamani Srinath toured North America (United States and Canada. She was accompanied by Kalpana Venkat on Violin, Melakaveri Balaji on Mridangam, Udupi Sreedhar on Ghatam and Krishnan on Moorsingh. Mrs. Nagamani Srinath gave 29 performances in North America, including three in Canada, at Ottawa, Montreal and Toronto and her concert tour was a great success.
She has recorded a number of audiocassettes and has done yeoman service for the propagation of Haridasa composition. Her recordings include more than 20 discs on Haridasa Kirtanas, Slokas, Vachanas, Sangeetha roopakas, Classical Carnatic Music and Jugal Bandis.
- Books on Shyama Shastri, Veena Kuppaiyer and Thiruvatiyur Thyaga Iyer
- Profound Articles and Treatises on Music Themes
- Composer of Varnas, Tillanas and Kritis in rare ragas having composed more than 200 compositions in Sanskrit, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil to her credit.
- Many musicians render her compositions and many dancers have choreographed for Tillana.
Director of Sangeeta Roopakas, Sangeetha Nritya Nataka.
Audio Visual Media
Producer and Director of “Mysore Vaggeyakararu” a popular television serial on Doordarshan, Bangalore.
A dedicated teacher with a vast group of disciples, many of whom are AIR “A” AND “B” grade artists and are well known musicians. She has conducted numerous lecture demonstrations and music workshops to impart knowledge to many aspiring musicians.
- Government of Karnataka , Dasara Cultural Committee
- Karnataka Sangeetha Natya Academy
- Governing Body Member for South Central Zone Cultural Center
- And many more prestigious committees and sangeetha sabhas.
Additionally, she is the founder of Sunada Cultural Center, dedicated to encourage upcoming artists, which conducts workshops and sponsors performances of eminent artists.