Siva has been learning Carnatic music from his mother Radha Kalyan all his life. Mrs.Radhakrishna of Delhi and late Sri.Tanjore S Kalyanaraman have been teaching Siva Carnatic music through his mother.
Mrs.Radhakrishna nurtured Radha’s interest in music from the beginning, and taught her for 13 years, till Radha left Delhi. Under her guidance, Radha won numerous prizes, two scholarships and became a concert level singer. From 1986 till his demise in 1994, late Sri.Tanjore S Kalyanaraman provided further instruction.
Sep 2005 – Whistle Concert organized by Delhi Tamil Sangam
Full format concert (about 2 ¼ hours with RTP in Kalyani) accompanied by Sri. K.L.N.Sastry on the Violin
and Sudhir on the Mridungam
Jan 2005 – Whistle Arangetram
at the Auditorium of Sri Venkateswara Temple in Bridgewater, NJ.
This was a full (with RTP) Carnatic concert for 2 hours and 15 minutes with support of Radhika Mani on the Violin and Dr.Suresh Ramachandran on the Mridungam
- Dec 2004 - First Prize for Vocal – Intermediate Group (age 11 – 14) in Great Composer’s Day music competition conducted by Carnatic Music Association of North America (CMANA)
- Apr 2004 – Cleveland Tyagaraja Aradhana, First Prize in instrumental Junior & 4 Special Prizes.
- Gotuvadyam Narayana Iyengar Award for outstanding talent and creativity
- CMANA Great composer day competitions
- 2003 Second Prize Instrumental (whistle) – Intermediate Group (age 11 – 14)
- 2002 First Prize in Vocal – Junior Group